Prof. Zhaoguang (Stephen) Xu, PhD
- Informed Machine Learning
- Quality Management
- Industrial Big Data
Academic Career and Positions held to date
- Since 06/2022 Visiting Researcher at the Chair of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, School of Management, Technical University of Munich
- Since 07/2021 Associate Professor and Vice Director of the Center for Big Data and Intelligent Decision-Making at the Dalian University of Technology
- 2019 – 2021 Postdoctoral Researcher at the Dalian University of Technology
- 2015 – 2019 PHD Researcher at BMW Brilliance Automotive Co., Ltd.
- 2015 – 2019 PhD, Institute of System Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China
- 2012 – 2015 Master in Industrial Engineering, Tianjin University, China
- 2008 – 2012 Bachelor in Industrial Engineering, Tongji University, China
- Xu Z*, Dang Y. Data-driven causal knowledge graph construction for root cause analysis in quality problem solving[J]. International Journal of Production Research, 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2022.2078748.
- Xu Z*, Dang Y, Wang Q. Potential buyer identification and purchase likelihood quantification by mining user-generated content on social media[J]. Expert Systems with Applications, 2022, 187: 115899.
- Xu Z*, Dang Y. Solution Knowledge Mining and Recommendations for Quality Problem-Solving[J]. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2021, 159: 107313.
- Xu, Z*., & Dang, Y. (2020). Automated digital cause-and-effect diagrams to assist causal analysis in problem-solving: a data-driven approach. International Journal of Production Research, 58(17), 5359-5379.
- Wang, Y., Dang,Y., Xu, Z*. (2020). Mining automobile quality problems based on the characteristics of forum data [J]. Chinese Journal of Management Science, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.16381/j.cnki.issn1003-207x.2019.0233. (in Chinese)
- Xu, Z*., Dang, Y., Zhang, Z., & Chen, J. (2020). Typical short-term remedy knowledge mining for product quality problem-solving based on bipartite graph clustering. Computers in Industry, 122, 103277.
- Xu, Z*., Dang, Y., Munro, P., & Wang, Y. (2020). A data-driven approach for constructing the component-failure mode matrix for FMEA. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 31(1), 249-265.
- Xu, Z*., Dang, Y., & Munro, P. (2018). Knowledge-driven intelligent quality problem-solving system in the automotive industry. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 38, 441-457.
- Xu Z*, Dang Y, Munro P. A Systematic Approach to Quality Problem Solving Based on Knowledge Management and Data Mining. International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences (KSS 2016), Kobe, Japan, 2016-11-04 to 2016-11-06.
- Gai, Y., Dang, Y., & Xu, Z*. (2016, November). A methodology for problem-driven knowledge acquisition and its application. In International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences (pp. 82-93). Springer, Singapore.
- Chen, W., Zhang, Z., Zhang, H., Xu, Z*. (2015). Research on improving efficiency of mixed-flow production line based on ECRS. Energy Conservation, (8), 25-31. (in Chinese)
- He, L., Xu, Z*., & Niu, Z. (2014). Joint optimal production planning for complex supply chains constrained by carbon emission abatement policies. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, 1-14.
- Niu, Z., Xu, Z*. (2014). An Optimization Method for Scheduling a Zero-Buffer and Interruptible Flow Line. Industrial Engineering Journal, (5), 1-9. (in Chinese)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 72001034), Research on Causal Knowledge Model Construction and Causal Analysis Method Based on Mixed Data of the Quality Problem-Solving, 2021.01.01-2023.12.31, 240 thousand RMB. (PI)
- The Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning Province (2022-BS-088), Research on Digital Intelligence Diagnosis and Prediction Method of Product Quality Problems Driven by Hybrid Intelligence, 2022.01.01-2023.12.31, 30 thousand RMB. (PI)
- Key projects of scientific and technological innovation think tanks of Dalian Association for Science and Technology, DLKX2021A05, Research on the countermeasures for improving the innovation ability of manufacturing enterprises in Dalian, 2021.7-2022.7, 50 thousand RMB. (PI)
- Science and Technology Innovation Fund from Dalian City, 2020JJ27FZ117, Research on Dalian Science and Technology Innovation Policy and Guarantee Measures, 2020.01-2020.12, 100 thousand RMB. (PI)
Certificates and Languages
- PFMEA: Process Failure Mode and Effective Analysis, June, 2018, TÜV Rheinland
- Six Sigma Project Champion/Yellow Belt, Nov, 2016, TÜV SÜD Akademie GmbH
- Quality Management-Specialist QMS-TÜV, Aug, 2016, TÜV SÜD Akademie GmbH
- Mandarin (mother tongue), English (IELTS 6.5), Deutsch (Goethe-Abschlussprüfung B1)