Prof. Nesim Erkip, PhD
Visiting researcher from October 2017 to July 2018.
Academic Career and Positions held to date
- Since 2005: Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey
- 1993 - 2005: Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, METU Ankara, Turkey
- 1987 - 1993: Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, METU Ankara, Turkey
- 1984 - 1987: Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, METU Ankara, Turkey
- 1981 -1984: Ph.D.: Department of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Stanford University, USA Dissertation Title: Approximate Policies in Multi Echelon Inventory Systems. Supervisor: Warren H. Hausman
- 1980-1981: M.Sc.: Department of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Stanford University, USA
- 1974-1979: B.Sc.: Industrial Engineering Department, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
Publications in Refereed Journals AND BOOK CHAPTERS (last ten years)
- Demirci, E.Z., and N. K. Erkip, "Designing an intervention strategy for public-interest goods: The California electric vehicle market case" Omega 69, 53-69 (2017)
- Atan, Z., Erkip, N., “Note on “The Backroom Effect in Retail Operations”, Production and Operations Management, Article first published online: 19 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/poms.12357,2015
- O.O. Ozener, R. Gullu, N. Erkip, "Near-Optimal Modified Base Stock Policies for the Capacitated Inventory Problem with Stochastic Demand and Fixed Cost", Asia Pacific J of Operational Research, 31, 1450019-1--27 (2014)
- U. Ozen, N. Erkip, M. Slikker, "Stability and Monotonicity in Newsvendor Situations", EJOR, 218, 416-425 (2012)
- I.S. Bakal, N. Erkip, R. Gullu, "Value of supplier's capacity information in a two-echelon supply chain", Annals of Operational Research, 191, 115-135 (2011) Baykal-Gursoy, M., Erkip, N.K., “Forecasting for Inventory Planning under Correlated Demand”, Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, 2011 (Published Online: 14 JAN 2011 DOI: 10.1002/9780470400531.eorms0330)
- Gel, E.S., Erkip, N. and Thulaseedas, A., “Economic Impact of Data Quality on Inventory Control Systems”, International Journal of Production Economics, 125, 153-166, 2010 Jemai Z., Erkip N., Dallery Y. , “Contracting Under Uncertain Capacity: A Generalization”, International Journal of Inventory Research, 1, 2, pp. 125 -149, 2010.
- Savaşaneril S. and N.K. Erkip, “An Analysis of Manufacturer Benefits under Vendor Managed Systems”, IIE Transactions, 42, 7, 455-477, 2010.
- Tan T., Gullu R., Erkip N., “Using imperfect advance demand information in ordering and rationing decisions”, International Journal of Production Economics, 121 665-677 2009.
- Tan, T., Gullu, R. and Erkip, N., “Modelling Imperfect Advance Demand Information and Analysis of Optimal inventory”, EJOR, Volume: 177, pp. 897-923, 2007.
- Bayindir P., Erkip, N. and Gullu, R., “Assessing the benefits of remanufacturing option under one-way substitution and capacity constraint”, Computers & Operations Research, Volume 34, Issue 2, Pages 487-514, 2007.
A full list of all publications can be found here.