Larkin Liu, M.A.Sc.
Tel: +49 (0) 89 289 28202
Fax: +49 (0) 89 289 28210
- Stochastic Decision Processes
- Monte Carlo Methods
- Reinforcement Learning
- Operations Management
- Transportation Planning
- Platform Economics
Academic Career and Positions held to date
- Since 10/2021: Research Associate at the Chair of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Prof. Dr. Stefan Minner); Technical University of Munich
- 09/2015-09/2017: Research Assistant at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (Prof. Dr. Viliam Makis); University of Toronto
- 2015 - 2017: Master of Applied Science (M.A.Sc.) in Industrial Engineering, Specialization in Operations Research, University of Toronto
- 2010 - 2015: Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.) with Honours (cum laude) in Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Robotics & Mechatronics, University of Toronto
- 2015 - Mitacs Accelerate Industry Government Joint Research Grant (20,000 €)
- 2012 - Faculty of Applied Science Engineering Research Fellowship (2,000 €)
- 2010 - Magna Family Scholarship (6,800 €)
- 01/2020 - 10/2021: Applied Scientist at Zalando SE
- 08/2018 - 01/2020: Data Scientist at Loblaw Companies Ltd
- 09/2016 - 08/2018: Data Scientist at StackAdapt Inc
- L. Liu, and J.T. Luo. mctreesearch4j: A Monte Carlo Tree Search Implementation for the JVM. 2022. In Journal of Open Source Software. DOI: 10.21105/joss.03804.
- L. Liu, R. Downe, and J. Reid. Multi-Armed Bandit Strategies for Non-Stationary Reward Distributions and Delayed Feedback Processes. 2019. In Canadian Operational Research Society 61st Annual Conference (CORS). arXiv:1902.08593v1.